Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Citys Brats....

afternoon. please spread the word about this blog. readership pleases me greatly. like cake.


I return to you fresh from a week in Portugal's fine capital of Lisbon, though as I write this, sitting outside a cafe with my roaming wifi, one could be forgiven for thinking I was still there......anyways on to matters....




 Last nights ticking timebomb that was Carlos Tevez, last night destructed on the outskirts of Munich, destroying egos, and smashing ideas of a seemingly purring football club. Tevez's behaviour last was 6 months in the making.  Tevez had publically stated his desire to leave Manchester (which frankly I didnt see coming) to be with his family. What he didnt consider were the ramifications of his outburst. Tevez was on wages of up to 250,000k a week, which only a handful of clubs could get near to meeting; Real, Anzhi, PSG and Man City themselves. Problem.

The argentine's actions last night, are scandalous, for such a high profile player as Tevez. Its the equivalent of me refusing to go to work for WHATEVER reason but still demanding to be paid. It is alleged and I say this in the strongest sense of the word, that he had warmed up late in the first half last night at the Allianz Arena and was told to be prepared to come on if Dzeko didnt up his game. So the second half began and City looked more lifeless and Mancini dragged Edin off. But then Tevez when called said 'No thanks'  

Lets look a the facts; We dont know for certain he refused to play, BUT he refused to move from the bench. That much is certain. YES he has been dicked around by Man City but that was all his own doing; slating Manchester and the club. Tevez claimed earlier today that he did not refuse to play;

 "There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood."  

he added:
 
 "This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.

I'm sorry. But what misunderstanding would that be? after 4 years in the English top flight, you should know what the universal sign for "get on the fu**ing" pitch" is. In this regard Mr. Tevez doesn't have a leg to stand on. My feelings are his agent Kia Jorabchian has been in his ear to try to calm the situation down...I have a certain amount of sympathy for Carlos. He is clearly a family man and he loves his children very much. He loves the fans and he does work exceptionally hard and is an equally talented player.

But this guy has bought into the devil (City) and a devils contract is a dangerous thing, near like selling your soul. So City own him. he has a lucrative contract; they can do as they see fit. This makes Arsenal's retention of Cesc Fabregas seem like child's play, as certain foolish individuals have mentioned to me. But the real issue I have with the defence is exactly that; If I was getting paid in excess of 200k a week I would forget about my unhappiness. I'd even force happiness upon me. BECAUSE I WAS BRINGING IN 500K. A MONTH.

I'd be clinically depressed....

thats a no go, coming from a guy who has suffered with borderline depression, at times.

the more interesting question now is after Manchester Citys' dire performance in Munich coupled with unhappy players; Joe Hart, Edin Dzeko to name but a few, how do City move forward from this? After a performance like this and resulting toys being thrown out of prams, if this was Arsenal it would be a crisis. If Man City do not address these problems they could have a mutiny on their hands in the vein of Shay Given gate. Lets face it; City don't need more insolent children on their books with Ballotelli a frequent offender and Kun Aguero having already show signs of dissent when removed from the field during a game. Not to mention a certain lesbian looking french winger who will remain nameless. If either Dzeko or Kun were to lose their form, City could have some real problems.


After Gary Cooks resignation (or rather his forced) as a result of alleged racist bullying towards Nedum Onuoha's 'cancer ravaged' mother, City were looking to avoid more bad PR....
 


1 comment:

  1. hi bill good stuff, love the line about not being able to misunderstand "get on the pitch".... sadly i reckon it will work out for him ie he'll get to leave and potentially for less than citeh would have wanted. player power: if you're good enough then do what you like basically.

    ReplyDelete